View: 155|Reply: 4

[Help!] 4k+ Wifi app problem.

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 1-30-2018 11:32:24 | All floors |Read mode
I received my 4K+ today, updated it, charged the battery and went out to try it.

Problem is: i start recording with the app and then move around 20m and when I stop, the app has lost connection. Where I stop is just around 10m from the camera and thats the furthest Im from the camera.

Am I doing something wrong? I checked the specs before buying since I knew I wanted to use it this way and it should be fine. It is -5 Celsius here today, not really super cold so I hope thats not the problem.

I have tried with both 2,4 and 5g wifi. I use iPhone 6s.

I have another question, I havent ordered a remote for it yet, is it possible to connect other Bluetooth devises and use them as remote until then? I have tried pairing with a small remote I use with the phone to control the iPhone camera and music.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 1-31-2018 06:24:16 | All floors
Please note the operating temperature range is 0C ~ 45C. If working under low temperatures for a period of time, the camera will heat up to maintain normal temperature. Under a lower temperature environment, such as -10C, the camera may not function.

Besides, the effective distance for the phone and the camera are within 100 meters away from each other when connecting by wifi.

Moreover, YI cameras can only be greatly compatible with YI accessories. While we are not sure if other accoessories can work well on YI cameras.

Hope you enjoy YI cameras. And any question, please contact us at support@yitechnology.com.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
 Author| Posted at 1-31-2018 09:03:21 | All floors
So filming skiing and snowboarding won't work right then?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 2-1-2018 03:58:50 | All floors
Hildipop Posted at 1-31-2018 09:03
So filming skiing and snowboarding won't work right then?

We officially recommend users to use this camera in temperature range 0C ~ 45C, and the camera may malfunction when used in lower temperature, according to our tests.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
 Author| Posted at 2-9-2018 11:04:23 | All floors
Solved: I had to turn off the auto-lock time on my iPhone. Every time it locks the screen you get disconnected from the camera.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list