View: 392|Reply: 10

[Video&Photo] Good PC Sofware for video editing

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 12-7-2017 16:16:56 | All floors |Read mode
What software do you use to edit video makes with yi 4k action cam?
There is an offical software for Windows 10 PC like for gopro?

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 12-11-2017 20:48:54 | All floors
blender is a free program with everything you will ever want in a video editing program. the problem is it has a long learning curve.
Adobe Elements Premiere is ok. but you need to spend more money to add things like arrows and better gifs then the program comes with.
i own PowerDirector15 and it is very easy to use and plenty of bells and whistles to make me happy. i can also use any program to make a gif and add it into my videos. (youtube has a lot of videos to help you)
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 12-12-2017 04:00:44 | All floors
I'm using Lightworks which works on Windows, Linux and Mac.  The free version will only export 720 vids but the pro version allows all usual resolutions.

Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
 Author| Posted at 12-14-2017 02:09:34 | All floors
Thank you.
Something free with short learn curve?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 12-14-2017 10:25:58 From mobile phones | All floors
I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 12-14-2017 18:23:32 | All floors
cicciocant Posted at 12-14-2017 02:09
Thank you.

i know you wont be happy with any of the free video editors. blender, if you learn it. its equal to a $200 program.

powerdirector 16 is 75$ and less from time to time. but very easy to learn. less then 3 hrs. and it has everything you will need.

now if you plan on making a video with just photo images. after you make your video in the 264H format. you need Handbreak for free, to crunch the video to 1/3 there original size. is a must get free program.

for better audio. get audacity also free. and it beats most $150 audio programs.
and i plan on posting a all need to know to make your Yi audio its best.
that might be done by the end of the month. its going to be a long one. but it will be all the steps to get your best audio from a Yi.

my foam mic windscreens and audacity video is just a click away. oh wait. here it is.  
https://youtu.be/hObtuoggCNs
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 12-15-2017 07:46:37 | All floors
cicciocant Posted at 12-14-2017 02:09
Thank you.

What are you hoping to do in the editor?

What do you see as the essential functions you need in the software?

At it's heart a video editor is used for assembling clips into order to produce the final video - this may include transitions between the clips.

Traditionally separate software would be used for colour correction and compositing, these would be used to change the look of the clips and apply effects such and denoise, stabilisation, sharpen, lens correction - however now more of these features are being incorporated into the video editor software as effects or plugins.

Blender is a powerful free software which includes a Video Sequence Editor and a node based compositor.  

The editor seems pretty basic at first until you realist that it's main purpose is to assemble clips together - the real processing of the clips comes in the compositor which is extremely powerful.  

It seems complicated when you first look at the strings of nodes (especially when you're used to just adding an effect and changing a couple of settings) but when you get going you realise how powerful it is.

Lightworks is a commercial video editor which has a free version available.  The free version can only export 720p video but it's good enough to upload to youtube and to learn the software before spending the £100 for a full one years licence.  It doesn't come with a load of effects but their user forum has a thread with shed loads of free effects including transformations, lend correction, transitions and fades, etc.

KDEnlive is a free editor for Linux and windows.  It has a range of effects and transitions with it and can handle a number of video formats.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 12-17-2017 14:41:12 From mobile phones | All floors
I liked lightworks but as already said, the free version only goes to 720p.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 12-17-2017 14:42:24 From mobile phones | All floors
I'm now using shortcut. Which has more features and 4k output for free.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 12-17-2017 14:43:42 From mobile phones | All floors
Crazymac680 Posted at 12-17-2017 14:42
I'm now using shortcut. Which has more features and 4k output for free.

Shotcut! I keep posting before I'm finished!  
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list