[Help!] Help newbie with 4K+ getting great stable footage from chest harness

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 7 days ago | All floors |Read mode
Hi

what is your recommended settings for chest harness with 4K+ camera on mountain biking. I got so shaky video yesterday test ride with normal 1080 25fps and with image Stabilizator, that it cannot be watched more than few seconds. I have had Go Pros and their image has been stable from scratch without any stabilators. I know this camera is great, I just would need the guidance to get best out of it on my chest harness. My PC is bit too old for 4K.

Now I noticed that Ultra is the same as wide agle lens.  I updated 4K+ latest firmware and noticed that neither Image Stabilization or Lens distortion support cannot be enabled in Ultra mode. According this table Lens distortion support should work on 1080 Ultra 25fps

https://www.yitechnology.com/support/answer/id/59/tid/2/qid/34/oid/file

Esa

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 5 days ago | All floors
I believe that list refers to the 4k rather than the 4k+.  They use different processors and their capabilities are different.  

Ultra mode uses the whole sensor (4:3 aspect ratio) and squeezes the height down to fit into a 16:9 aspect ratio.  1080 ultra is like recording at 1440 then squeezing the height down to fit the 1080 frame.

The 4k+ doesn't do lens correction in wide mode, although it does do it in 1440 and 4k 24/25/30fps
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list