View: 456|Reply: 2

[Help!] No notification of alerts on YI app

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 11-25-2017 14:32:04 | All floors |Read mode
I have an Android, HTC . I get the alerts symbol AFTER I open the app to see it but no notification that there was an alert.  I have checked the YI app settings and notification is turned on.  I have the 1080P cameras, 7 of them on two different phones, the other phone being an IOS.  No notification on either phone.  How do I fix this?  Otherwise the services is useless unless the notifications work.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 11-28-2017 16:09:02 | All floors
I have the same problem.  Makes the camera uselass as I purchased them for security.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 1-29-2018 20:50:12 | All floors
I have had similar issues NOT receiving push motion alert notifications on my iPhone.   What I have found is that I need to delete all prior alerts on the Yi Home app before new push notifications will be sent to the iPhone.   After all prior alerts are deleted the next valid motion alert will show up to the iPhone as a push notification.   Therefore,  it appears after one (possibly more) push notifications are sent to the iPhone the push alert notifications will stop being sent for future new alerts.  No new push notifications will be sent until all of the prior alerts (all prior days alerts) are deleted.  I sent this issue info to YI as a feedback message but I have not received any response.  All push notification alerts should be sent to the iPhone (possibly same issue to android phones) regardless of how many past alerts exist.   I am not signed up for YI cloud service.

My temporary workaround is to timely remember to view and delete all alerts.  That seems to ensure I will receive new push alert notifications to my iPhone.  It is a pain to do this,  I would like to see all push alert notifications regardless if I have viewed past alerts.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list