[Help!] how to setup FTP for Dome Camera 1080p

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 11-13-2017 11:04:52 | All floors |Read mode
Hi,
     I have just received the YI Dome camera 1080p from Amazon andhave got it working ok but I want to setup the ftp, so that I can store picturesand videos on my own hosting server. How do I do this? Where is the FTP setupmenu?

Thanks for any feedback
Siggi

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 11-15-2017 13:59:26 | All floors
The answer is simple, there is no FTP on the stock firmware.

Only solution : https://github.com/shadow-1/yi-hack-v3
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 11-16-2017 01:21:13 | All floors

fix

Can you share your location, where you live? If you live in Orlando city or Florida area contact Wetter Solutions they offer installation service for both Non-HD and HD security cameras in Orlando- http://wettersolutions.com/why-choose-us/. Or if you have a residence in another area either take guidance from security camera manual or contact with CCTV Installation Companies nearby you.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
 Author| Posted at 11-16-2017 12:11:20 | All floors
Hi and thanks for the replies. Looks like I will have to live without the FTP facility, unless I use the hack you supplied the link for.  I've also discovered that it does actually send details of any motion detection to my mobile phone, which will probably do the job. So far it looks like a good webcam, with a good quality picture.  I will have a look at the link for the hack and then decide to use the hack or just keep it as it.  I'm in the UK, so I don't think Wetter Solutions will be interested in coming over :-)   

Thanks again for the replies
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list