View: 213|Reply: 0

[Review] No sound

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 5-17-2017 14:32:11 | All floors |Read mode
I purchased my Yi 4k in March. I used it to record my youtube videos. At some point the microphone stopped recording sound and I have a few videos that have no sound what so ever. I have run tests, disabled and re-enabled the microphone and more to no avail. I reached out to yi and received a response stating the following:

"Thanks for contacting technical support. Please note that both time-lapse video and motion are by default no sound. If the camera is in normal video mode and still no any sound coming out it should be a hardware issue with the camera so you need to get in touch with the seller/vendor for a warranty request.
Regards,

Axxx Dxxx
YI Technical Support"

As you can imagine this was extremely frustrating considering this message came from technical support. I reached out to Amazon and they offered me a full return. Due to the response I received I will have to put some strong consideration into which camera I buy next. I am posting here in the forum to bring it to your attention that the issue I experienced may need to be looked into. I have done nothing to cause damage to my microphones an can pinpoint the last video where the mic worked. Hopefully no one else is experiencing this isssue and Yi please update your responses to customer inquiries to incorporate direct links to warranty request. To receive an email that says "get in touch with the seller/vendor" is disheartening considering I purchased the product from you.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list