View: 435|Reply: 3

[Help!] Problem with firmware 1.0.18

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 5-9-2017 23:12:30 | All floors |Read mode
I ran into a problem with firmware 1.0.18. The previous 1.0.4 firmware update went smoothly however the 1.0.18 is not recognized on my  M-rider device. I followed the instruction on how to update firmware on YI website  but after installing the new firmware and renaming it to firmware.bin in the root directory and rebooting the device all I get is USB camera files accessible message I am unable to proceed with the update pop-up in the LCD. I've tried formatting the card, I also tried a different SD card but same message. I can see the drive in Windows but for some reason the device can't. Any suggestions?

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 5-10-2017 03:28:04 | All floors
Guys,

I can't understand this sentence "the previous 1.0.4 firmware update went smoothly however the 1.0.18 is not recognized on my  M-rider device" From the later part of your description I can understand you couldn't run the manual upgrade with firmware version 1.0.18 but the sentence I picked up means you downloaded the firmware 1.0.18 using M-rider ?

Adam Ding
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
 Author| Posted at 6-19-2017 14:21:11 | All floors
Ding Posted at 5-10-2017 03:28
Guys,

I can't understand this sentence "the previous 1.0.4 firmware update went smoothly however  ...

Never mind I figured it out. Just to give the heads up to everyone the file name should be renamed to "firmware" NOT firmware.bin as suggested by the manufacture in the YI Action Camera// Firmware & App "How to update firmware?"
https://www.yitechnology.com/firmware/index/class/action
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 6-19-2017 15:06:05 | All floors
*.bin is the filetype. By default, the file extension is disabled in Windows. But all power users do activate the file extension ;)

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/show-file-extensions-in-windows
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list