View: 972|Reply: 2

[Tutorial] Firmware 1.4.14

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

YIster

Credits
Posted at 4-19-2017 06:30:59 | All floors |Read mode
Yesterday I saw via YI app there are a new firmware for the YI 4K. Also it's available via web https://www.yitechnology.com/yi-4k-action-camera-firmware

First surprise was I see now there are a spanish firmware, I'll try it, but I wrote YI a few weeks ago offering myself to translate the firmware and the respone was they had no any plans to launch a spanish version.

There are some features missing in the changelog, now we can choose inside adjusts, the option to mute the microphone or choose the sensibility (I suppose) between low and high.

But there is another option: "sound effect" where we can choose between stereo and wind. any information about this feature? Can it be a noise cancellation option for windy recordings?

Under video settings, I can choose the time stamp setting if I choose, i.e, 4K/30fps or 2,7K/30fps but it's unavailable if I choose 2,7K/60fps.

In the changelog we can see now the default filesystem for 32gb sd cards is exFAT, I tried it and yes, now the card is formatted in exFAT instead FAT32.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 4-27-2017 20:29:37 From mobile phones | All floors
I can't connect to the WiFi after update this fw. Why??
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YIster

Credits
 Author| Posted at 5-2-2017 19:09:40 | All floors
Last weekend I tried the "sound effect" option and it's a noise cancelation for windy recordings.

This video was recorded inside the water case

Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list