View: 393|Reply: 7

[Help!] Purple LED

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 4-12-2017 11:18:31 | All floors |Read mode
I have a brand new Yi4k.  5 hours old.The newest firmware is installed. Made a few test videos, all worked.
The front LED has turned purple ( instead of blue ) after one hour being turned on.
Turning on/ off, taking batterie out and re- installing new firmware (.14) did not help.
It says in another forum this is firmware, hardware or BLD ( whatever BLD is ??) - not helpful.
How can I fix this ? Camera is brand new and already makes problems
Thanks

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YIster

Credits
Posted at 4-13-2017 09:22:44 | All floors
Is LED blue again after charging the battery?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
 Author| Posted at 4-13-2017 16:26:21 | All floors
after the battery is fully empty and fully loaded - the front LED is blue again at start up.
but after ca 30 minutes of recording it turns purple again.
the camera keeps recording.
why does it become purple, something seems to be going wrong ??

Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
 Author| Posted at 4-14-2017 05:27:26 | All floors
I would be thankful if some people could answer to this thread "purple LED" -
Does anybody get Purple front LED after 30 minutes recording? or after just leaving the camera ON for 1 hour ??  

The camera still seems to be working/ recording.?? but according to official Yi support page it means BLD did not start -what is BLD?  ( I could not find any info anywhere and the Yi support just does NOT answer any emails !!! )
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 4-15-2017 12:07:33 From mobile phones | All floors
Lights change color to show how much battery is left. Blue is full charge.  Purple 75% and red like under 50% nothing is wrong with your camera
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YIster

Credits
Posted at 4-15-2017 12:43:12 | All floors
Jdub003 Posted at 4-15-2017 12:07
Lights change color to show how much battery is left. Blue is full charge.  Purple 75% and red like  ...

YI homepage tells something different:

https://help.yitechnology.com/hc ... amera-is-turned-on- says:

"Why is the blue light constant when my camera is turned on?

1. The camera power is low. Please fully charge the battery and restart your camera.
2. The camera firmware update failure.  ... "

But that seems wrong. After charging battery my camera shows also blue LED - with firmware 1.33 (and from some notes I wrote after buying also with  firmware 1.10)
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
 Author| Posted at 4-17-2017 02:39:40 | All floors
yes .. it seems to be the case as Jdub003 described ... lights change according to battery status.
Thx Jdub003
However  ...
on the Yi homepage - Support Page - in the article "What do the various states of the Power LED indicate?"
it says the following:
"If the LED light is off or shows purple after powering up, it means BLD did not start properly. This may be due to hardware, battery, or loss of BLD."

now: I buy a brand new camera ... the BLUE LED is all of sudden PURPLE ... I think "is there something wrong?" - I look on the Yi homepage and search "purple LED" in the support forum and I find this: ".... BLD not start " as mentioned above.
I write to Yi support: NO answer - I comment on the article - NO answer ... and nowhere on the homepage it says anything about light changing with battery status !!

Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YIster

Credits
Posted at 4-17-2017 15:26:41 | All floors
Chabba Posted at 4-14-2017 05:27
what is BLD?  ( I could not find any info anywhere and the Yi support just does NOT answer any emails !!! )

Hmmm ....

I asked YI support and after 2 days I got the answer: BLD is mistyping and should be BLT for bluetooth.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list