[Help!] Disable timeout on PC app

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 12-13-2017 11:04:37 | All floors
misterwobbley Posted at 12-9-2017 15:28
Bearing in mind that this is in the "Yi Action Cam" forum, may I ask why, when purchasing a camera f ...

i respectfully disagree-- considering one of the selling points of the camera is "baby-cry detection"--- and yes i also use a nestcam as my other baby monitor which does not have this time out issue.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 12-17-2017 09:29:00 | All floors
I bought the YI outdoor cameras and indoor and have them hooked up to a 50" TV to live stream my cameras 24/7.  But I'm having the same issues of the PC software timing out. This needs to be fixed!!!! There should be an option not to time out!!!! YI PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 12-17-2017 14:23:46 | All floors
4mankinD Posted at 12-13-2017 11:04
i respectfully disagree-- considering one of the selling points of the camera is "baby-cry detecti ...

As I said - you are posting this in the "Yi Action Camera" section of the forum.  The action cameras are not sold as baby monitors.  If you are using an Action Camera as a baby monitor then you are using it for a purpose it wasn't designed for.

The Home camera is different fropm the Action Cameras.  If you are using a Home camera for baby monitoring then perhaps you should actually post in the "Yi Home Camera" section of the forum which deals with the home cameras.

http://forum.xiaoyi.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=39
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 2-13-2018 18:36:02 | All floors
Hey guys I have this issue also. I used this article as a workaround
https://www.howtogeek.com/97998/how-to-make-your-computer-press-a-key-every-x-seconds/

But I changed the script a bit. You should be able to use this code

#Persistent
SetTimer, PressTheKey, 300000
Return
PressTheKey:
Send, {Space}
Send, {Space}
Return

bascially what's it's doing is hitting the space bar twice in a row rapidly every 5 mins. this pauses the camera and unpauses it in a fraction of a second every 5 mins and now it doesn't time out. If anyone needs help email me at nick.360group@gmail.com

Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list