[Help!] Disable timeout on PC app

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 3-2-2017 11:47:09 | All floors |Read mode
Hello,
Is there a way to disable the timeout on the PC application.  Using this camera as a baby monitor on desktop and the camera feed disconnects during the night.

Thanks!!

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Posted at 3-6-2017 04:15:14 | All floors
Hello, we are not sure why you want this feature?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 8-17-2017 23:38:13 | All floors
adminyi Posted at 3-6-2017 04:15

I also would like to see this feature. I use the PC app for home security, and the 30 minute timeout means I cannot use one of my spare TVs as a 24-hour security monitor because I have to keep refreshing all of the camera displays. This limitation severely limits its value. I'd even be willing to pay for the software if it stayed active or auto refreshed instead of freezing.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 8-23-2017 08:16:41 | All floors
i agree this is a major drawback of the Yi versus some of its competition. I use both a Nestcam and Yi as baby monitors in different rooms our our home and have them each connected to a dedicated monitor (iphone and ipad). The nestcam video feed is up 24/7 but its rather annoying that the Yi came timesout every 30 minutes. Is there a work around to disable the timeouts?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 8-23-2017 08:17:23 | All floors
adminyi Posted at 3-6-2017 04:15

i agree this is a major drawback of the Yi versus some of its competition. I use both a Nestcam and Yi as baby monitors in different rooms our our home and have them each connected to a dedicated monitor (iphone and ipad). The nestcam video feed is up 24/7 but its rather annoying that the Yi came timesout every 30 minutes. Is there a work around to disable the timeouts?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 8-23-2017 08:21:48 | All floors
any luck on this front?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 10-18-2017 00:35:21 | All floors
Yes I'd like to see this too. It should be an option to choose the time out length or to turn it off. I use mine for a baby cam and it times out all the time. I'd buy more and recommend them to others if this feature was changed.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 11-16-2017 09:44:42 | All floors
Anyone working to be able to disable this "feature".   Not sure why it has to be enabled anyways....why not on all the time ?  It sometimes times out before the 30 minutes also. Very annoying.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 5 days ago | All floors
This should definitely be something that is configurable in the app, IMO. For anyone looking for a workaround, you can download something like the app Targeted Caffeine to simulate a key press to the app as often as you'd like to keep it from timing out. http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/index.html#download
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 1+ days ago 15:28 | All floors
Bearing in mind that this is in the "Yi Action Cam" forum, may I ask why, when purchasing a camera for use as a baby monitor/24-7 security camera, you decided on an action camera that wasn't designed, marketed or sold for that purpose over a camera that was designed and sold to fulfil that role.

Would you use the Nestcam strapped to your helmet to record a bike trip?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list