[Help!] RTSP access to the stream Yi Dome

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 2-12-2017 08:28:46 | All floors |Read mode
Hello Yi Team,

As you have probably notice community was modifing your firware to enable RTSP access to the streams - unfortunetly this do not work with the latest firware and I don't think that forcing users to re-flash your HW is the way to go...

I belive Yi Dome is a decent piece of Hardware, unfortunetly software (PC and Android app) is very limited...

After studing a lot of boards/forums I noticed two major features are strongly requested by the community, it would be nice to see them implemented into official software:
- RTSP access to the stream
- setting priviliges for the users with the shared access to the camera (most needed: disable sound)

Is there a specific reason why RTSP was blocked ? (please show to be fair with the customers and provide clear statement - we know that Yi team is reading this forum ;-)).

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
simpo

PS. I strongly suggest that all users wanted to see those features bumped/write in this topic to show how much those features are requested.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 4-28-2017 02:31:26 | All floors
I purchased a YI Dome camera from Amazon in hopes that it would provide RTSP access. I rolled the dice and I lost. This is otherwise a great camera for the price. If this functionality was added I would purchase many more for my home as well as friends and family.
Reply Pro 1 Con 0

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 2-20-2017 12:41:54 | All floors
Sorry, by mistake i click con... but Im all PRO
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
 Author| Posted at 2-23-2017 14:19:14 | All floors
No problem.

Yi Team - can you please give us some statement about initial post ?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 3-19-2017 11:31:28 | All floors
This was the feature i ask about before getting the Home Camera. I cannot understand why this wouldn't be supported. Maybe they wanted to make the setting up as simple as possible but i have existing cameras that use RTSP and i would very much prefer to have ONE app that connects all cameras.

Don't get me wrong, i really love the YI Home app but i also wish to have a choice of either.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 3-20-2017 21:40:51 | All floors
install bluestacks on pc then install yi phone app on bluestacks you can watch and record video as long as you want without turning on notifications on just play video when you first get bluestacks it will ask you to sign in with google account set bluestacks to sync video it will be stored in google photos from there you can play back video and google photos claims to have unlimited storage. i hope this is a good alternative for all
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 3-20-2017 21:53:21 | All floors
this is hpesat again you do not need sd card in camera at all. my system in my last reply works great for me. if you need more details reply back.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
 Author| Posted at 3-25-2017 18:42:07 | All floors
hpesat thank you for a trick, but emulating Android to get some basic features seems as the total overkill... ;-)

Yi is selling decent hardware and I cannot understand (Yi team seems to ignore my initial questions) why RTSP access cannot be added. It was possible to have it running with unofficial firmware, so it should not be a big deal to put it back to the official one...
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 4-2-2017 19:55:53 | All floors
Have u guys consider using this?
https://github.com/niclet/yi-hack-v2
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now