Please select Mobile version|Continue accessing the desktop version
View: 4275|Reply: 7

[Help!] Motion Detection - ONLY 6 second videos?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 1-27-2017 18:24:43 | All floors |Read mode
When motion is detected, are longer than 6 second videos recorded?  Or is the video that comes with the alert, the only video recorded?  If longer videos are recorded, I can't seem to find them.  Help!

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 2-1-2017 18:56:13 | All floors
Hi,
The 6 second video is only a low resolution alert. If it was a high res, then you'd be using up more of your phone's data plan everytime you view an alert.

If you get an alert at say 9:05 am, then open the Yi app on your phone, and after viewing the alert, click on "Cameras" at lower left corner of main screen. This will take you to a live camera feed. You can tap on the screen to bring up a time line at the bottom of the live video, then slide along to the time of the alert... 9:05 am. Then start watch video from that time. You can also record a segement of video, and then share it using email or to a cloud drive such as Google drive as a high res mp4 file. You'll see a little box with a blinking red light indicating you are recording a video. This video is from what is continuously stored on your micro SD card, assuming you installed one.

I find it easier to see video time line by switching to full screen mode at the live video screen, and easier to see recording buttons too. You can also record just a photo of the video with photo buttom. After recording photo/video, go to "Albums" on main screen to review what you recorded. From here you can share them. I suggest after sharing, delete them so you don't use up to much of the SD card space.

Just remember the high res video will be a large file size, and will really eat up your data plan unless you are connected to wifi.

Hope that helps.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 2-18-2017 16:46:28 | All floors
Never mind.  I found the answer elsewhere in your YI community.  Thank You
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 2-21-2017 00:02:01 From mobile phones | All floors
Cross I'm having a similar problem.  When I go to the time line it appears that no video has been saved, so I only have the 6 second alert videos
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 8-29-2017 12:25:45 From mobile phones | All floors
Same with me, I tried using the time line below the live feed but once I set the time to where I want to watch it just disappears and I still get stuck on the live view. How do I play the recorded video after opening the timeline?!?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 10-18-2017 00:37:56 | All floors
This should be a feature that can be customised.  You should be able to choose how long you want.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 10-24-2017 10:50:40 | All floors
Cpoic Posted at 2-18-2017 16:46
Never mind.  I found the answer elsewhere in your YI community.  Thank You

where did you find it? I can not figure it out, thanks!
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 1-4-2018 14:39:23 | All floors
I'm having the same timeline issue with my Yi Home 720p camera.  I have a class 10, 32GB MicroSD card in both of my yi home cameras.  The timeline feature works on the Yi Home 1080p camera and I can scroll back and look at the time surrounding the alert, but when I try the same on the Yi Home 720p camera and watch and alert and then click on the "Entire Clip" button that appears after the 6 second video, the app just takes me back to the live feed of the camera and no timeline appears, even when I try to zoom out in the app, still no timeline.  I've tried taking the SD card out and putting it back in, I've tried checking phone settings and all appear correct and alerts are working.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the yi app on my LG G4 Android phone.  I've even double checked that both cameras have the most up to date firmware installed per the yitechnology page.  Version 1.8.7.0D_201708091510 for the Yi Home 720p camera.  The Yi Home 1080p camera works just as described with the timeline, it's really just the 720p version I can't figure out.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list