Author: dacoco

[Help!] SD Card issue with Yi 4k

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 3-28-2017 12:34:09 From mobile phones | All floors
Thank you in advance for your answer, Bogo.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 3-31-2017 10:26:23 From mobile phones | All floors
irungentoo Posted at 3-28-2017 10:08
I figured out why some sd cards don't work:

https://github.com/irungentoo/Xiaomi_Yi_4k_Camera/tre ...

Dear Sir, I am not an expert, I just want to ask if those three files you've published, it should be all copied to the card and insert into the camera, or just the first with a "bin"? THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 3-31-2017 13:36:11 | All floors
Just the firmware.bin, the other files contains various mods listed here - https://github.com/irungentoo/Xiaomi_Yi_4k_Camera
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 4-1-2017 14:13:00 From mobile phones | All floors
I have put there the recommended firmware, but the camera does not respond at all ... Black Screen ...
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 4-13-2017 22:06:10 | All floors
I used a Toshiba Class 10 U3 64gb to use with the device. But it doesn't work. My device is currently on 1.4.14 firmware. Is there any Yi expert here to help me out?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 4-14-2017 05:25:38 | All floors
you simply need a card that meets the necessary speed performance criteria - which is obvious, 4K recording or 120 fps is a lot of data !! - spzjulien described that very nicely :-) good job - you cannot expect your OLD SD cards to have this performance
I tested three cards, all work without issues:
Sony SR64gb UXA SDHC class10 EX U3
San disk extreme 32gb SDHC I V30 U3
Lexar 633x SDHC I class 10 U1 - (U1 - still fine )

Many people are convinced that there are a lot of FAKE SD cards out there sold online. I have read in other action cam forums that some new SD cards make problems although they should work according to standards - same card bought at different dealer: works fine: - conclusion: Do not buy them online - buy at a retailer you trust.

I would be thankful if some people could answer my other thread "purple LED" - Does anybody get Purple front LED after 30 minutes recording? or after just leaving the camera ON for 1 hour ??  The camera still seems to be working/ recording.?? but according to official Yi support page it means BLD did not start -what is BLD  ( I could not find any info anywhere and the Yi support just does NOT answer any emails !!! )
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 4-14-2017 06:46:38 | All floors
I also had Toshiba U3 64 GB and it worked very unstable. Sold it and bought Lexar 1000x, which works perfect.
Toshiba went to friend of mine GoPro where it works perfectly fine, so it's Yi 4k issue, not the card itself.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YIster

Credits
Posted at 4-19-2017 06:43:21 | All floors
Chabba Posted at 4-14-2017 05:25
you simply need a card that meets the necessary speed performance criteria - which is obvious, 4K re ...

It's not as simple as you say, it's not a question of fake or original cards. all we know there is a true issue with some sd cards with this camera. also some of the recommended cards are not working.

let's be serious, we don't need a sd card able to write at 90MB/s to record a 4k video, just 10MB/s is enought.

in fact, I'm using a trascend 32gb sdhc class 10 that efectively writes at 10MB/s and works perfect, but I tried to use a kingston 64gb sdxc and a sandisk extreme 64gb v30 and it was impossible to make they work, even formating with exfat and different block sizes was not a way to solve the problem
Reply Pro 1 Con 0

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 4-27-2017 09:36:49 | All floors
cragg56 Posted at 2-18-2017 11:10
Hopefully this helps someone else out there, but I too was experiencing "Slow Card" and "SD Card Err ...

so how do you do a "full format"?  i have a mac and just used disk utility to reformat to exfat and my lexar 1000x 64gb still got a "sd card error"

how do you update firmware on the camera if it won't read the sd card u put the firmware on?!!
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 4-28-2017 05:33:35 From mobile phones | All floors
Can you help me. ? I updated my yi 4k in the latest version 1.4.14 but it cannot recognize my sd card. I tried a lot of sd card. But still cannot work
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list