[Help!] SD Card issue with Yi 4k

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 12-26-2016 18:11:21 | All floors
Pangers Posted at 12-25-2016 12:11
I was using the sd card Sandisk extreme 64gb with no problems. But suddenly after taking more videos ...

Have you tried and format your SD card, possibly on a computer ???

Regards Leif.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YeahYI

Credits
Posted at 12-26-2016 18:13:54 | All floors
Double post, sorry.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 1-27-2017 02:12:59 | All floors
Can someone make a list of the SD card that work properly?

I am really disappointed about my yi 4k, I am spending more money on trying SD cards than the cost of the camera itself.

Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 1-30-2017 07:14:17 | All floors
I have a SanDisk 64 GB Extreme U3 card, which is capable of up to 40 Mb/s write speed.

First, I used the SD as is, out of the box, in the camera without any extra operations with it. The camera recorded like 20 mins of Full HD video. It seemed fine and I tried to record a longer video, however the camera started saying SLOW CARD, writing down videos of 2min max length, then waiting and starting to record a new 2 min video.

Then I formatted the card to FAT 32 with a special tool for Windows, and formatted the card again with the camera (it became exFAT). Since then it started to record videos fine.

So the advice would be, whatever size of the card (up to 128 GB), format it to FAT32 file system and see how it performs.
Reply Pro 1 Con 0

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 1-30-2017 15:58:16 | All floors
Sisinni Posted at 1-27-2017 02:12

I am really disappointed about my yi 4 ...

From my experience, with the latest software (1.3.3, if am not mistaken), the Samsung Evo + 128Gb USH-1 works well. Such card is only a UHS-1, but with a writing speed rate of 25Mbyte/sec it is more than enough for the 60Mbit bitrate used in the Xiaomi 4K (even should one day, hopefully very soon!, Xiaomi post an updated firmware allowing 100Mbit bitrate).

I also tested the Toshiba Exceria UHS-3 128Gb, and I confirm it does not work.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 1-30-2017 15:58:42 | All floors
Sisinni Posted at 1-27-2017 02:12

I am really disappointed about my yi 4 ...

From my experience, with the latest software (1.3.3, if am not mistaken), the Samsung Evo + 128Gb USH-1 works well. Such card is only a UHS-1, but with a writing speed rate of 25Mbyte/sec it is more than enough for the 60Mbit bitrate used in the Xiaomi 4K (even should one day, hopefully very soon!, Xiaomi post an updated firmware allowing 100Mbit bitrate).

I also tested the Toshiba Exceria UHS-3 128Gb, and I confirm it does not work.
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YIster

Credits
Posted at 1-30-2017 17:40:48 | All floors
Hi, I have the same problems. Camera bought on aliexpress plaza spain, working now with a transcend premium 300x 32gb sdhc u1
My firmware is 1.3.3 and I downgraded to 1.2.3 to try if the issues are solved without any result. Now I'm again on 1.3.3.

I bought a sandisk extreme u3 v30 64gb, it just worked 2 times during my tests. I tried all of the tricks I read on this forum. I tried both fat32 and exfat, different block sizes, 64 and 128, formatted with windows and osx. the sd card is very fast, but I get in the camera the famous "sd error". back to the computer, the sd is working perfect.

today I returned that sd to the shop, I don't want to spend money on a sd card I can't use, but I know the problem is not the card.

I tried a 64gb kingston sdxc u1 and it works at terrible speeds, the camera shows "slow sd card" message and when I finish recording a video, it spends a lot of time with shutter's red led blinking and a camera bussy message.

I'm in contact with xiaomi support...
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

YIster

Credits
Posted at 1-31-2017 07:17:13 | All floors
I have a response from xiaomi...

If you can not get the camera to work with the SD cards I would recommend contacting the seller directly through Aliexpress regarding a return.

Best Regards,

Tyler
YI Technical Support
Sure, but I'm getting issues with one of your recommended sd card, your forum is plenty of people having same issues. Not sure but I think this camera has a lot of problems with >64gb cards. Can you confirm it? Do you think I have a defective unit?
Tyler Bodick (YI Technologies, Inc.)
Jan 31, 10:38 PST

This is not a common issue when using the recommended SD cards.

Best Regards,

Tyler
YI Technical Support

Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 2-6-2017 14:31:16 | All floors
So, I have been conducting various tests with my camera with 1.3.3 and SanDisk Extreme 64 Gb card. I've done a whole bunch of tests with the card, it proves to have a stable write speed of 30 Mb/s at my laptop card reader, and with the camera the errors keep appearing randomly. Sometimes the camera boots up and has the video time counter appears immediately. Sometimes it takes time for it to initialize the card and be able to start recording after like 5-15 seconds... Sometimes after taking a photo I can't take another one for 20 seconds, sometimes it works flaweless.

I've written a message to to Xiaomi support, they suggested returning the camera back to the seller. But what's that, really? Maybe they can acknowledge that some lots are defected, indicate certain serial numbers instead of just making the users return their goods, which in my case may become a very costly option after paying taxes?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

HobbYIst

Credits
Posted at 2-9-2017 11:21:50 | All floors
Based on the following page, All sandisk extreme 64GB cards should work (Both new and old version)
https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/229417467-What-are-the-requirements-for-my-micro-SD-TF-card
Is it not the case?
I'm really struggling on deciding what card to get. Maybe go for the trancend?
Reply Pro Con

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list